In the lead up to Garden Day visit your local Garden Centre or nursery and get inspired! Visit the Life is a Garden website to locate your nearest Garden Centre or nursery.
Once you’ve prepared your garden, invite your family, friends, and neighbours to come around and celebrate your garden with you by spending time in it together.
Ways To Celebrate
There are lots of different ways to celebrate your garden together…
- Invite neighbours and friends round for rooibos tea en beskuit.
- Instead of book club, have a plant club. Ask guests to bring a rare and interesting plant to swap with one of the other guests.
- Have a garden scavenger hunt.
- Enjoy dinner outside in the garden with each dish featuring a home-grown ingredient.
- Make seed bombs with the kids.
For more ideas of what to do on Garden Day, click here. You can also follow us on social media for further inspiration.
Anyone and everyone can take part in Garden Day – you don’t need a large garden to participate – you just need a sense of fun, community, and hospitality. If you don’t have your own garden, visit someone who does and enjoy it with them.
How Else Can I Get Involved?
- Follow us on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook, and like and share our posts.
- Take part in our social media activities.
- Participate in our great retail offers, which can be found on our Garden Day Promotions page.
- Share pictures of your garden and what inspires you in your garden on our Garden Day Gallery and via social media.
Garden Day - Sunday 15 October 2017
Share your images using #GardenDaySA
With all these reasons to celebrate, accompanied by beautiful weather, let’s hang up those gloves, invite neighbours and friends around for tea and biscuits, a cold beer or a glass of bubbly. After all, Sunday 15 October is Garden Day!